Nvidia 7800GS compatible mobo?

Anubis1980 said:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

Those shud be the drivers u need. As for the error...

Try this http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html

Hope this helps.

alright sweet i dont get that rundll error anymore. im having trouble getting my monitor to turn on when i start my pc up. with my old video card its fine and also the system find my video card auto but with my new card it doesnt instead it installs some generic graphic card. this is the error im getting when i try to install that driver from the link you gave me.

(the invidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware)

I dont know what to do i really want to use my new card. its as if my mobo isnt detecting the nvidia cuz add hardware wizard doesnt say found new hardward when i boot my pc up with the new card in. do you know what section i should be plugging my monitor into? is it the back of the video card or back of the mobo? sorry for so many questions

Don't worry about the questions thats what this place is here for :)

Hmm if windows doesnt find the card it might be broken, is it a new card? Doesnt windows say anything about finding it at all?

If u want to use the gfx card for video u shud be plugging the VGA into the back of the 7800 card. Is there a connector on the card for u to plug a power cable into it to poweer the card? might be why its not being recognised.

Anubis1980 said:
Don't worry about the questions thats what this place is here for :)

Hmm if windows doesnt find the card it might be broken, is it a new card? Doesnt windows say anything about finding it at all?

If u want to use the gfx card for video u shud be plugging the VGA into the back of the 7800 card. Is there a connector on the card for u to plug a power cable into it to poweer the card? might be why its not being recognised.

yeah i have a spot on the back of the card for power to be plugged in. the card i got was brand new factory sealed. when and if my pc boots up with the new card in the machine windows doesnt recognize it at all it seems. maybe thats why it goes to the generic graphic card cuz the system thinks theres no card installed. how do i find the vga connector?

Im a bit confused here ;) So do u have the power lead plugged into the card? the vga/DVI connector is on the backplate of the card the place u plug the monitor into.

Anubis1980 said:
Im a bit confused here ;) So do u have the power lead plugged into the card? the vga/DVI connector is on the backplate of the card the place u plug the monitor into.

yeah im plugging the new card with the same plug in as the old card. what exactly is the power lead?

The power lead gives the card extra power to run, most modern cards cant draw enoughh power from the AGP/PCI slots so they need extra power. So as long as its plugged in etc thats ok.

Anubis1980 said:
The power lead gives the card extra power to run, most modern cards cant draw enoughh power from the AGP/PCI slots so they need extra power. So as long as its plugged in etc thats ok.

well see the thing is that i have my video card plugged in with other sharing cords such as one is connected to my HD and its all split up. How do i find the lead power cord? I think maybe i screwed up and have the power connectors split up too much and the card isnt getting enough juice. One other thing now i keep getting this error when windows starts:

(windows cannot find C:\windows\system32\tools\delfolders.exe make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again)

haha man im a mess huh :(

Lol yeah gotta say it, everything sounds messed up ;)

Quick message b4 i head to bed, 02:30 here, to find the power lead, im not too sure what kinda power lead attaches to AGP, on my PCIE its a different one than ive seen on some AGP's.

Basically u need to find what plugs into the card, then trace it back to the Power supply. Make sure if possible, that nothing else is plugged into the same cable, ie splitters like u said. If the cable only supplies power to ur card then we will at least know what we r doing that right ;)

As for the error, i think its to do with the soundcard. Have u installed or changed anything to make this happen?

Hopefully someone else can help more!

Anubis1980 said:
Lol yeah gotta say it, everything sounds messed up ;)

Quick message b4 i head to bed, 02:30 here, to find the power lead, im not too sure what kinda power lead attaches to AGP, on my PCIE its a different one than ive seen on some AGP's.

Basically u need to find what plugs into the card, then trace it back to the Power supply. Make sure if possible, that nothing else is plugged into the same cable, ie splitters like u said. If the cable only supplies power to ur card then we will at least know what we r doing that right ;)

As for the error, i think its to do with the soundcard. Have u installed or changed anything to make this happen?

Hopefully someone else can help more!

thank you for your help so much! i will just unplug all my cables and go from there. i might even just plug my card and thats all just to see if my card is working properly.

Back
Top Bottom