nvidia 670 FTW cooling

gbux512

Solid State Member
so I'm thinking of getting

Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-3673-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

It has the 680 pcb, which I'm assuming means it is a 670 processor, plugged into the board of a 680? Im sure im butering that up.

im looking at getting this for it

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING ACCEL-X3 Fluid Dynamic VGA Cooler

but in the video about the fan it mentions the pci double height power connector on the 680s, and how the fan wont install if the 680 has that. is that something I would need to worry about on this card? does anyone have any input/suggestions/alternative cooling ideas/stfu newb this is how its done comments?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

ok i just looked and it does have that double stacked power thing. D: now I could use some help looking for alternative cooling

I appologize for my apparently lack of google skills. at first i couldnt get anything, and posted. now I found my answer i believe. It seems that it only takes 680 cooling, and after searching new egg there is really nothing out there other than liquid cooling. Im really not looking to go liquid so I guess Ill get it check my temps under stress and make a decision then.

Back
Top Bottom