nVidia 3D Gaming

This is the next step in gaming. My dad already works with technology more advanced than this but it's now going to be implemented for "average" users. nVidia has developed this 3D glasses that portray the image with a gap between each eye giving a sense of depth. This coupled with a multiple layer depth on movies and gaming should produce a 3D effect far better than any that's out for the average joe. According to their article on Business Week, these glasses will even provide improved performance on current games since they already were designed with multiple layers of depth. In order for the glassees to be effective you'll need a monitor with a refresh rate of 120MHz. The glasses itself cost $200.

nVidia's page

This week my dad is getting a $56,000 head-mount display. I'll try to get some pictures of it for you guys.

I wasn't sure so that's why I posted. I took a deeper look and I found that Samsung just launched a monitor to go with the glasses. Price tag: $400.

Samsung already released a 120Hz 3D LCD. I don't know if it's 120Hz native though.

Hmm, I remember you saying a while ago your dad worked with some VR stuff.

And yeah I've seen an article on this before somewhere on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom