nVidea vs Ati

and comparing apples to oranges :rolleyes: The CF edition is clocked SLOWER than the XTX, did you know that? And memory speed isnt everything.

ownage said:
and comparing apples to oranges :rolleyes: The CF edition is clocked SLOWER than the XTX, did you know that? And memory speed isnt everything.
im not saying this becuase im a fanboy, but its true. X1900XTX does kick as$. ATI just makes teh same core, and nvidia has all these other video cards that are almost fast or alittle faster, but there making newer cores and ATI is laying back and making the same cores that are fast

You all are telling me stuff I already know. I'm not going to argue with you. You are saying I am a fanboy because I like nVidia....but you are all trying desperately to prove me wrong! Sooooo....who really are the fanboys? Hmmmm

You asked me throw out a spec where a similar nVidia beats a similar ATI, and I did. Thanks for the refresh courses though. ;)

Yeah, well the CrossFire Edition is basically the X1900 XT with the composite engine and the plug for the external dongle. ;)

Oh and a little note for all of you guys, the 7950 GX2 isn't necessarily the BEST card. Like Ownage said, it's comparing apples to oranges. The 7950 GX2 is the fastest single card/multiple chip solution in the market, but the X1900 XTX is the fastest single chip solution in the market. There's a difference.

Heh, but when September 14th rolls around, ATI will be the King once again. Two X1950's in CrossFire can oust out two 7950 GX2's in Quad SLI. :D

alvino said:
Yeah, well the CrossFire Edition is basically the X1900 XT with the composite engine and the plug for the external dongle. ;)

Oh and a little note for all of you guys, the 7950 GX2 isn't necessarily the BEST card. Like Ownage said, it's comparing apples to oranges. The 7950 GX2 is the fastest single card/multiple chip solution in the market, but the X1900 XTX is the fastest single chip solution in the market. There's a difference.

Heh, but when September 14th rolls around, ATI will be the King once again. Two X1950's in CrossFire can oust out two 7950 GX2's in Quad SLI. :D
I cant wait. I saw the review on the X1950XT already

Chainer said:
You all are telling me stuff I already know. I'm not going to argue with you. You are saying I am a fanboy because I like nVidia....but you are all trying desperately to prove me wrong! Sooooo....who really are the fanboys? Hmmmm

You asked me throw out a spec where a similar nVidia beats a similar ATI, and I did. Thanks for the refresh courses though. ;)

Haha, more like denying it. I never said you were a fanboy, but your reasons as to why NVIDIA is oh-so much better is erroneous. ;) If you knew that stuff, then why did you post it in the first place, hmm? No need to deny you didn't know. We all learn stuff at one point or another in our lives.

Chainer said:
Well....we'll compare 512MB Video cards for example...

NVIDIA (Spelled right, JUST FOR YOU!!) 7900 GTX 512MD DDR3 PCI-E
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory Clock Speed - 1.63 GHZ

ATI x1900 512MB PCI-E - Crossfire Edition
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory Clock Speed - 1.45 GHZ

Otherwise, basically the same card. So yes, NVIDIA (Spelled it right again! BOO-YAH!) rocks all socks in my books. No fanboy bias here....sorry....just want the BEST product.

Here, I quoted so you can't change your original post and go on a denialfest. :)

alvino said:
Haha, more like denying it. I never said you were a fanboy, but your reasons as to why NVIDIA is oh-so much better is erroneous. ;) If you knew that stuff, then why did you post it in the first place, hmm? No need to deny you didn't know. We all learn stuff at one point or another in our lives.

Here, I quoted so you can't change your original post and go on a denialfest. :)

I'm not denying anything. I know my stuff. But yes, you insinuated that I was a 'bias fanboy,' which is by far VERY WRONG.

Also, it's all opinion based. Why should each and every person have to explain why they like ANYTHING let alone a graphics card. 'I like Charmin toilet paper, BECASE it leaves my cheeks unchapped!' :rolleyes:

If a person likes something, don't question it. It's just an opinion.

Elaborating, NEXT TIME, on what you want (specs) wouldn't hurt the situation either. Thanks.;)

i called you a fanboy because you had an opinion supported by little to no facts. you had nothing to back up your statement. Now, let me ask again, why is Nvidia better than ATi?

ownage said:
i called you a fanboy because you had an opinion supported by little to no facts. you had nothing to back up your statement. Now, let me ask again, why is Nvidia better than ATi?

Because I like nVidia, that's why! ;) Not biased, because I like ATI too. I just like nVidia better, but I am not 'crazy in love' with them. So, in essence I am not a 'fanboy.'

I don't need FACTS to like something.

Chainer said:
I'm not denying anything. I know my stuff. But yes, you insinuated that I was a 'bias fanboy,' which is by far VERY WRONG.

Also, it's all opinion based. Why should each and every person have to explain why they like ANYTHING let alone a graphics card. 'I like Charmin toilet paper, BECASE it leaves my cheeks unchapped!' :rolleyes:

If a person likes something, don't question it. It's just an opinion.

Elaborating, NEXT TIME, on what you want (specs) wouldn't hurt the situation either. Thanks.;)

Really? Insinuated that you were a fanboy? Where? Quote the section where I posted that about you. Hmm? When I replied to that post of yours, I never said anything about you being a fanboy. I simply said that your comparison of which one is better is wrong and isn't the way things should be done.

Sure, you can have your opinions. If it was truely opinion based, it would've been, "I think NVIDIA is better than ATI because they provide better bang for my buck" or "I think they are better because I personally have stuck with them and they have never failed me" or for some "I like NVIDIA because they have a very good mid-range solution (i.e the 7600 GT) for a good price"

Your post wasn't opinion based, you were using paper specs to compare between the two. Sure, you like NVIDIA, I'm not questioning that. The only thing I'm puzzled with is why you're using hard specifications as a justification and as your "opinion" as to why NVIDIA is better when all you were doing was comparing the two by their memory clock speeds and declaring that you wanted only the best. You even said both were the basically the same card, and all you left was the memory clock speed as your justification.

For example: I like ATI because I think they have the best lineup for what I need, and they have some great features too, like AVIVO which costs nothing for the encoder unlike PureVideo.

What I would not post: I like ATI because the X1900 series has 48 pipelines so that must mean that ATI is better and more powerful than NVIDIA.

Oh and nice to know you like Charmin. ;) I just use Kirkland Signature from Costco. Cheap and works fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom