nVidea GeForce 6600

yep can run just about all recent applications today... and will suit you fine. The other are right you're better off with a 6600 GT 128 mb then a 256 mb 6600. If it's in your budget i would recommend getting a geforce 6800 and then unlocking the vertex shaders and the pipelines... will notice a difference between 6600 and 6800.

If you decide on the 6800 just search some sites with instructionsfor unlocking the vertex shaders and pipelines... trust me you won't be dissatisfied.

Well I am on a budget and the 6600gt is perfect...Thanks for all your help maybe I'll post a pic of my pc when its done.

My computer only has 512mb of RAM will that be enough with this new video card? Should I buy more ram? Whats a good manufactuer?

gibsonsg0005 said:
My computer only has 512mb of RAM will that be enough with this new video card? Should I buy more ram? Whats a good manufactuer?

Well 512 is enough, but id still recommend upgrading to 1GB. And about the manufacturer, everyone has said only good things about Corsair, myself, always used Kingston and love it.

alvino said:
Meh. Depends which one you buy. The 7800 GTX's were alot better than their past cards, which shows hope for them. Some of their old cards were just plain crap. Poor manufacturing and cutting corners were covered up by cheap prices.
That's because nVidia isn't licensing wholesellers anymore. Well at least not for the 7800. Every company selling the 7800's other than nVidia, gets them straight from nVidia, prebuilt. They slap their sticker on it, and BFG overclocks them, but other than that, XFX still sucks.

Back
Top Bottom