the nvFirewall

PaperPlunger

In Runtime
I've had my sli-premium for a while, and I never decided to use the nvFriewall taht comes with it. I've always used Zonealarm, and was under the impression it was much better than the nvFirewall. But now, the more I read about the nv, I am starting to think it might be better for me to use that. I don't know much about firewalls, but I have read that the nv firewall takes some load off the processor, and is integrated into some of the hardware components on my mobo.

Has anyone had any experiences with it? Would it speed up my computer by taking pressure off my cpu? Whilst still protecting my computer WELL?

I use nvFirewall right now, and, it's really secure, so secure that it pisses me off sometimes because it blocks some game applications. I usually keep it at medium and it still blocks games that utilize online play with like gameguard/battle.net so I had to allow those to get access. Nvfirewall, is a very secure firewall if you intend to use it, very reliable, go for it.

I use nvFirewall right now, and, it's really secure, so secure that it pisses me off sometimes because it blocks some game applications. I usually keep it at medium and it still blocks games that utilize online play with like gameguard/battle.net so I had to allow those to get access. Nvfirewall, is a very secure firewall if you intend to use it, very reliable, go for it.

Thanks, I'll try it out.

The Nvfirewall was automatically installed with the drivers on my M2N-Sli Deluxe and it is junk. It was interfering with some of my programs and wouldn't let them run. I read up about it and found out that there are all kinds of serious bugs in it, so I got rid of it. I have a hardware firewall anyway, thats all I need.

Back
Top Bottom