NTSC to PAL Software

holywoodj

Beta member
Hey peeps, anyone out there know how to convert NTSC to PAL. I'm trying to convert a load of VOB and IFO files that will come out black and white if I put them on a disc as NTSC.

Thanks

plently of software that you can select pal, instead of ntsc, if you have the original video files, but you've already converted it into vob and ifo's etc... dont think so.

how would they come out black and white? the difference between pal and ntsc is resolution and framerates? isnt it just that? i guess i dont know enough about it really.

Yeah, it is just resoloution and frame rates, yet some tv's (for example the one I have in the back room) runs black and white when switched to 60hz (ntsc rate), and its weird, yet the picture doesn't mess up like the old tv used to. The one in the front is fine with it.

I'm not sure if there is a way either i'm afraid. Some dvd players, tv's will be alright with it and will work fine, yet you might notice it studdering slightly since theres more frames on ntsc. (29.7 against 25 (pal))

Back
Top Bottom