ntfs > fat32

dude_se

Proper Legend
my external hdd was fat32, i converted to ntfs, only to find out my crappy homehub only supports fat32, so i need to convert back. whats the best way?
id like to keep all the data on it, but as long as it converts ill be happy i guess...

Hook it up to your computer and right click, format.

then under the file system tab click fat32?

That work? or it won't let you??

only comes up with ntfs.
now its saying its currupted and all sorts, and its telling me to run chkdisk. thats because partition magic kept buggering up. im gonna try making another partition on the drive

Once you convert to NTFS you can't convert back to fat32 unless you reformat the drive.

aww ffs :(
i guess ill finish this tuneup disk doctor thing and see if i can fix some of the errors, as its being a bit fussy with how i copy the data atm. then im gonna have to copy the 125gb of data back to my desktop :O

ok whats the best way to convert it back to fat32 once its formatted (just copying all the data back. its much quicker than when i copied it across for some reason, obvs reads faster than it writes).

ohh thanks :) only 50gb or so to copy back to my desktop then ill try it
btw i dont know what my double post was about there. i usually use the edit button, not sure what happened there but nm.

Back
Top Bottom