Now What?!

Noknowledge

Baseband Member
For my birthday I got a new moniter and a Radeon 9250 PCI for my emachines So I hook up the moniter everythings cool...So I install the video card had problems so I went to this guys house who works computers and everthing is workin perfect...So then I come home hook up the moniter and no picture but it worked over at his house whats the problem?

What are the "problems"? If you just get a black screen, go to the setup(usally F1 or Del) and look for primary display controler, or something like that. Change it to PCI.

The_Other_One said:
What are the "problems"? If you just get a black screen, go to the setup(usally F1 or Del) and look for primary display controler, or something like that. Change it to PCI.

I get a screen that says excatly the following

*SELF TEST PATTERN*
R

G

B Moniter is Working

thats all I get no buttons work or anything at all...

That's called the monitor self test... Your just not getting any signal from the computer. Try your onboard video with this card connected. I'm guessing that it's trying to still use the onboard as your primary.

"Try your onboard video with this card connected. I'm guessing that it's trying to still use the onboard as your primary."

What do you mean? I am on a totaly different computer....

you have confused me props others lol your on a diffrent machine? {lol}
Knowledge
what machine are you doing this on your new one with your new grachics card our a nother computer?

GO BACK TO THE GUY? THATS HOW YOU GET IT FIXED, IS YOUR GRACHICS CARD A PCI, AGP, IF SO CHANGE YOUR BIOS SETTINGS (GRAPHICS CARD SETTINGS) TO WHAT EVER YOU ARE USING FOR EXAMPLE i put a pci slot in my pc and then it did'nt work then went to the BIOS change the graphics settings to a PCI slot ENABLE it for your slot.

Back
Top Bottom