notebook to tv...

maanico1

In Runtime
i have a dell inspiron 5150 and it has a crt/lcd button set as a F8.. i was just wondering if anyone knows what i need to do to use it with a tv (cables,configurations?)... ive checked everywhere, thanks

what exactly do you mean do you want to see what you see on the laptop on a tv screen (use tv screen as a monitor)

there should be an S-Video output on the back or side of the laptop. Get an S-Video cable, then hook it up to your TV. You may need an adapter to convert the plug into SCART if your TV doesn't have a dedicated S-Video input. Once you've done that, switch the Tv over to the input that the laptop is plugged into, then press 'FN'+F8. Depending on the laptop, you will either switch between TV or laptop display, or have both running at the same time.

i bought the correct cables to do it with a while ago, but could never get it working.
i was really pleased when i saw this topic but unfortunately pressing F8 + FN did not work for me.

any other ideas, thanks

Go into display proporties... You could probably set up the TV as a secondary display, or there might be some option in the advaced setup to clone it to youre TV

thanks i got it working,
one problem though, its in black and white.
ie had a little look around, cant find out how to fix it though.

any ideas, thanks

Back
Top Bottom