Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default notebook prices going down by end of summer??

i am trying to make myself hold off till the end of summer to buy a notebook because of the new intel processors coming out then. i want to get the cheapest dual core i can, adn was wondering if yall think the current laptops with the 1st generation dual cores will get pushed down much by the core2duo's. also, do yall think the core2duo's will raise the prices of laptops in general for the first quater, or will prices not change much. i mean, if you wanna get a dell e1710 insprion, which is about $999 with a pentium m dual core, will it be about the same with a core2duo? what kind of pricing patterns have yall noticed when new processors first com out? thanks

baxtermadux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: notebook prices going down by end of summer??

When my dad bought his lappy, he didn't wait for new tech to lower the prices. Instead, he did a TON of research, and eventually came across a website (don't know it) that had a ton of coupon codes for dell. He used one that gave hime $300 off his purchase. I would look for coupons if I was you.

Also, when the new processors come out, you then run the risk of dell ceaseing tto carry the other processcors you want, and then you will be stuck with an even more expensive comp.
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote