Notebook overheating

WiiManDustin

Baseband Member
ok I downloaded SpeedFan to see what my core temps were and at .7% CPU usuage they are at 48C and they easily jump to 52C. Then I played Hellgate and it crashed (again) about 5 minutes in and the CPU was up to 59C per core. I don't know if that's too hot or not, but if it is...how do I keep my notebook cooler. I have used those chillmats, but it does the same thing. So please help thank you....

I called Toshiba earlier and the technician guy said that the processor is running hot but doesn't know if it's bad enough to take it in. I did a CPU test and it will run from 48C-72C before things start to crash.

:(

Your oh so good laptop isn't so good anymore.

Check that there is a good amount of thermal paste under the cooler, be sure the fan on the cooler works, and keep it on a desk rather then your lap to keep it cooler. Or get a laptop cooler.

lol haha Juice......well would taking it apart void the warranty? Cause if it does I don't really care to do that and it does sit on a desk when I'm using it. I've used a laptop cooler but it doesnt really help it just delays the crash for a lil bit.

lol haha Juice......well would taking it apart void the warranty? Cause if it does I don't really care to do that and it does sit on a desk when I'm using it. I've used a laptop cooler but it doesnt really help it just delays the crash for a lil bit.

Yes, yes it would void your warranty. Most laptop manufacturers are not very fond of people taking there computers apart, especially since a lot of things for laptops are custom made. Your best bet is that extra exhaust fan that was posted.

EDIT: I saw you said you tried using a fan like that before. Underclock anyone? Or would that also void his warranty.

i say just send it in and have it become toshiba's problem to get fixed... but thats just me

i say just send it in and have it become toshiba's problem to get fixed... but thats just me

Then your laptop-less for 5-10 days. And what geek can go that long without his precious gear? In a couple of days, you'll be freaking out like this guy:

istockphoto_2696400_nerd_series.jpg

Back
Top Bottom