Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wannabetechno
Default Not sure where to post this....but I need experienced help

I'm sure that many of you are in the computer business, whether it's building, diagnosing or installing software. My niche in life has been to work on computers. It's all I've wanted to do since the 5th grade. I have plenty of experience with troubleshooting, hardware/software issues, installation, and internal issues. I have worked as "administrator" in every job I've had for the last 10 years. Currently, I am working as a publisher's assistant and doing the internal office computer things that need to be done, without compensation, which will change. My problem is that I am wanting to open my own computer repair shop and do what I was truly meant to do. I don't know to go about starting it, or getting the word out, etc. I would love to get some tips from those of you who are experienced in this field and run either your own shops or even out of your homes. Any advise is appreciated. We live in a very small college town so this might help with getting the word out faster.

wannabetechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:59 AM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Not sure where to post this....but I need experienced help

try to find a bussiness partner to handle the bussiness end of it first. start small maybe buy a little building and see how things go. and dont JUST repair build and sell computers too be like a pawn shop of computers sort of. so many people dont know a thing about computers theyll come to you youll build for a fraction of the price of brands like dell and gateway.

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: Not sure where to post this....but I need experienced help

I don't think they would do that.
See I hate going to those small PC shops because they are mostly a rip off. I'm not saying yours is/will be but most of them are.
Umm...well, I was actually thinking of myself as making a place like Gateway or Dell or someone that manufactures them. You could maybe do that...