Not sure which Gigabyte motherboard to buy

dangles35

Solid State Member
I'm wanting to build a new computer but I'm not sure which motherboard to choose, I've chosen the brand which is Gigabyte but their site doesn't show things very well and I am finding it confusing navigating their site. I am wanting a motherboard that costs $200 or under and has:

Intel i core 2nd gen support
Z68 Chipset (Unless there is a better option)
Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti support
2 slots that each hold 4gb of ram (Possible choices: Kingston, G.Skill)
Has at least 4 USB 2 and 2 USB 3 ports
A Realtek RTL8111E chip

Not required but would like to have:
DualBIOS
EZ Smart Response
Touch BIOS
Driver MOSFETs
Dual CPU Power Technology
Ultra Durable
On-board Graphics (Just in case the GPU doesn't work)
Not sure what else as that is all I can think of but I might add more.

I do not want to overclock unless something changes my mind.

Tip 1, don't use the manufacturer's site to browse things like this. Find a site you intend to buy from, and compare models there. It's much easier, and unless you have a specific question about the capability of a model you found, there's really little reason before you buy to go to their own site.

99.97% of motherboards out there today will do everything you want.

That being said, this Gigabyte board should do you fine. I am just linking from Newegg as a point of reference, so if you're outside of the USA, try to find the same board elsewhere.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

As for your RAM, I'd suggest passing up the Kingston and going with G.Skill. Rock bottom prices, rock solid stability. They're really, really nice.

Thank you for your suggestions but it doesn't have exactly what I want. I've updated the main post.

I stand by my motherboard recommendation. If you keep changing your requirements with the technologies from several different makers, you'll never find a board that you'll be happy with. In all honesty, I find your lofty requirements a little amusing. I do this for a living, I've never needed half the things you're asking for. It's also worth noting that Gigabyte boards, as a standard, include things like the high quality MOSFETs, "Ultra Durable" (which usually just means lots of copper in the interconnect layers anyway) and the high quality power system components. DualBIOS is a marketing gimmick. If you do anything to bork your BIOS, you're doing something wrong anyway.

I did some more searching and picked the motherboard I want. As for
technologies from several different makers
I didn't have technologies from any other makers as I looked at Gigabyte's website and got them all from there.
The Duel BIOS was just for peace of mind while doing a BIOS update as a power failure *which not your fault* could happen and screw it up.
And if you read it properly, I said not required but would like to have, so I didn't say I needed them.
And as for the standard features, I was just making sure.

In all of the times I've flashed a board's BIOS, not once has there been a freak power outage that caused me to lose the flash process. But then again, I also run all of my PCs on UPSes, which are a wiser investment than a board with a dual bios. Usually...

Back
Top Bottom