not having to activate windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuNalt787

In Runtime
I saw on some other thread that someone didnt activate windows xp and it was fine. I have an oem version liscensed to Dell. Do I have to activate it or is it going to shut down?

If you do not have the coorperate edition of XP Pro or Home, YOU MUST ACTIVATE windows or it will shut down in 30 days.... ACTIVATE IT!

Yeah it will shut down if it is not activated. this only helps microsoft to count number of copires.lol. Do activate.

What if one is using, say, a pirated version he got for free from one of his friends, purely hypothetical here, activating it lets the government know that it is a pirated version, which is bad, and solutions?

A pirated version of XP? Good luck with that. I hear Microsoft sends you bad code when you do an update (my brother had this happen). Activate it. No other way around it.

BigLu said:
What if one is using, say, a pirated version he got for free from one of his friends, purely hypothetical here, activating it lets the government know that it is a pirated version, which is bad, and solutions?
Activating lets Microsoft know that it's a pirated version.

Be very careful where this post is going.

Ah you forget we are talking "hypothetically" lol. ya it's probably not the best thing to talk about where everybody can read it.

Theres some things that are safe to private. Like dling music from lime wire. Then there are things that cost $$$ from a major corp that HAS MANY LAWYERS. That is the bad thing. I highly suggest you BUY yourself a real VERSION of XP. Its so much safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom