Not Good at All.....

Impruv

In Runtime
My PSU fan just stopped working....is it dangerous to run the computer if the psu has no fan? I'm going to ask for RMA tmr; but i have to finish uploading a file b4 i can turn the computer off...is it okay if i run it for about an hour more?

Yeah, i dont think anything will happen for an hour. Just dont run games and things of that nature. Make sure you turn it off as soon as you can

Turn it off now, having your psu die is terrible. My last computer was destroyed because the psu decided that my computer needed like three times more electricity than it did, melted my celeron to the mobo, smelled like a meth lab in my room.

Im gonna sound like an idiot, but i unknowlingly ran my comp without a psu fan for 3 months :b I think it should be ok for an hour.

you'll be ok for an hour more, unless you're using your processor like crazy, like playing fear, but if not, you should be fine... for an hour.

yea should be fine but i how do u even turn ur pc on without a psu let alone use it for three months.

lol...

Well, my buddy had a ventrilo server running for 3 months with a dead PSU fan.. but it was an old system. (like an athlon k-6 500mhz)

the PSU eventually died, but the rest of the system was ok.

Back
Top Bottom