Not as fast as it used to be

BossChase

Baseband Member
Hi

I'm just wondering what the tech guys do like at geek squad when you have had your pc for afew years and its getting slow you can take it in and have a diagnostics or something run on it and they make it fast just like it was when it was new.

What programs do they use or how can it be done at home?

I have all kinds of spy ware and anti virus software I run Windows Care, Spy bot search and destory, McAfee, Disk Clean up, Defragment, and i'm still just as slow.

Is there a program I can buy or is it just something they do that depends on the system?

Also is there anything you can do to prevent your system from slowing down to begin with?

Thanks

the usual tips. ccleaner your pc, uninstall stuff you dont need. run antivirus and spyware + adware checks, start>run>msconfig stuff you dont need.
the usual google tips apply :)
whats your spec though? if its that old then stick to old software.

Well i got a decent gaming pc in 2006 and its got really slow so I went to best buy to talk about getting it updated but it only had 2 gigs of ram and for 2 more gigs it was 119.19 each and the clean up was 59.99 and if I upgraded my video card I was looking at 169.99 so I was up to 469.99 so I just got a new pc for 569.99 and now I have 2.

But my old pc is still slow. So I mainly wanted to know how you can prevent it from happening on my new pc and see if I could do anything to the old one to speed it up

Do what dude_se said. Keep up with maintenance on your new computer, use ccleaner and keep it free from virus's and spyware. As for the old one, delete stuff you dont need, uninstall useless programs, then ccleaner, then run your antivirus/spyware programs.

I find that having too many cleaning and anti-spyware/anti-virus programmes can slow down a computer, as they all tend to start up with windows, and some do scans in the background even when your in the middle of doing something else which is intensive. :)

Hey I had the same problem with my computer. I would get a registry cleaner if I were you

Registry Cleaners Boosted my computers performance by 200%

I find that having too many cleaning and anti-spyware/anti-virus programmes can slow down a computer, as they all tend to start up with windows, and some do scans in the background even when your in the middle of doing something else which is intensive. :)

That can be disabled with msconfig

Hey I had the same problem with my computer. I would get a registry cleaner if I were you

Registry Cleaners Boosted my computers performance by 200%

Ccleaner :)

I like Registry Cleaners they help out so much

I like <a href="http://swollen247.bezoogle.com/pp/registry/"> Registry Cleaner Software Reviews</a> I like this site because they review the top Registry Cleaners on the market take a look man your computer will run ten times faster. My computer was like a snail then I bought Registry Cleaner Software and now my computer runs like brand new.

Check out <a href="http://swollen247.bezoogle.com/pp/registry/"> Registry Cleaner Software Reviews</a>

Back
Top Bottom