Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #11
BSOD

Default Re: Norton VS AVG

What's confusing about NOD32? i found it to be rather straight forward, explain what's confusing and we might be able to help out too.

Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

NOD32 does have a bit of a complicated interface with a lot of options and settings that are hard to understand but once you get used to it, then things become easier.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #13
Golden Master

I see a lot of advertisement for NOD32 recently in almost every single computer magazine I come across. They must be doing well or spending large sums of money for marketing, lol. But I'm gettng fed up with Norton. Finally, I may be switching to AVG or NOD32. I've been using Norton 360 for Vista and it's not fun. It's so bloated. I think it's all the programs combined within the suite. I'm just going to get a standalone antivirus software from now on.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
What's confusing about NOD32? i found it to be rather straight forward, explain what's confusing and we might be able to help out too.
I've had no problem with it myself, it's just not as simple to use as others.

However nod32's complexity is the reason why my school board bought it and doesn't use it. Thats why I got a free copy
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #15
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
I've had no problem with it myself, it's just not as simple to use as others.

However nod32's complexity is the reason why my school board bought it and doesn't use it. Thats why I got a free copy

Ah man, lucky. Free copy of software that's like NOD32, is worth it.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #16
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
. But I'm gettng fed up with Norton. Finally, I may be switching to AVG or NOD32.
Go with NOD32. I'm a norton Convert, and i love it. There was a little learning curve to learning the terms it uses, but once you have that down, its a great anti-virus. Heck, if it wasn't for teh fact that i see the icon next to me clock i would doubt i even had it on. It did detect a few things my norton didn't right off the back (as well as my norton itself as my NOD is only the trial till i get the money, and i don't feel like reinstallin norton, so its just completely disabled)

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm
Go with NOD32. I'm a norton Convert, and i love it. There was a little learning curve to learning the terms it uses, but once you have that down, its a great anti-virus. Heck, if it wasn't for teh fact that i see the icon next to me clock i would doubt i even had it on. It did detect a few things my norton didn't right off the back (as well as my norton itself as my NOD is only the trial till i get the money, and i don't feel like reinstallin norton, so its just completely disabled)

Yeah that's one thing I like about NOD32. it detects EVERYTHING. Such a good Anti-Virus.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #18
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

If you have the will power to get past learning the terms in it, then you will love it. If you don't, well.... your loss. Hands down the best Anti-virus i have used.

to give you a nice look at all of your options, as well as how they rank take a look at this

http://anti-virus-software-review.to...32-review.html

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #19
BSOD

Yeah, for $40 you can't beat it. NOD32 rocks. Hands down.