Norton Help.

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Hey guys Ive just put Norton Internet security 2007 on and when running the update I keep getting "an update failed to install LU1812 a program that was part of this update failed." so I go onto symantec website to get the fix, I print it out and do the following START,RUN type regsvr32%windir%\system32\msxml3.dll. AS IT SAID SO but I keep getting this error up WINDOWS FAILED TO ACCESS THE DEVICE/FILE OR PATH,YOU MAY NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS IT. so I reboot my computer into safe mode under ADMIN then try it again but I still keep getting the above error. Has anyone had this and if so how do I get my computer to grant me permission to change the file and run the fix?.

You guys are great help! :rolleyes:
Have either of you used NIS 2007 or 2008 for an extended period of time? Doubt it..............

Is there a reason you purchased NIS 2007 instead of 2008?
I've had both and although 2007 is a great leap from past products 2008 is that much better IMHO.

I would contact their free online chat support...........Since there is information to support this problem they probably have more information if you contact them directly.
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/productdetail/contact_ts.jsp?pvid=nis_2007

BTW both NIS 2007/08 are great products despite the critics.

Well considering Norton sucks, there really isn't much help to give. Although if he insists to stick with norton, then no, we weren't much help.

"Norton sucks".............yup all of their products are complete and total garbage. :rolleyes:
I take it you have used every single one of their products for an extensive period of time to give such an assessment?

Typical brainless response.............

"Norton sucks".............yup all of their products are complete and total garbage. :rolleyes:
I take it you have used every single one of their products for an extensive period of time to give such an assessment?

Typical brainless response.............

He might not have, but I've seen plenty of Norton failures in the past 2 years when AVG and NOD32 can catch the stuff.

Anyway, Before dealing with their tech support (which is crap from my own experiences) try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton with the norton removal tool ran in between the uninstall and reinstall. Usually, that'll fix a norton problem.

You guys are great help! :rolleyes:
Have either of you used NIS 2007 or 2008 for an extended period of time? Doubt it..............

well actually you are wrong.I was a user of norton as ashamed as i am to admit it. Never seen a piece of software slow down a computer such as norton. It affects system performance more than some of the viruses it gets rid of. Go into task manager and have a look at just how much norton shit is running. Best thing I ever did was uninstall it...it was like a free ram upgrade LOL. Go on the net and read some reviews and i am not talking about reviews from magazine websites and crap...read some USER reviews...the real users. There are more bad ones then good i assure you.

Back
Top Bottom