Norton Ghost

STUBBY

Beta member
I have got a copy of Norton Ghost which does not do what it says on the box ie it does not replicate the entire contents of my C: drive on to the F: (an identical 80gig HD) drive even 'though it states in the destructions that it should. :confused:

Anybody achieved this with Norton Ghost if so help gratefully accepted?

Regards to all on the forum.

If the hardware is extact it shouldn't be an issue...

I've used norton ghost in the past to assist on mass builds. Where the hardware is identical, but can onyl do it if the hardware is 100% identical, even if its not the right serial number can miss it up.

Nik00117 said:
If the hardware is extact it shouldn't be an issue...

I've used norton ghost in the past to assist on mass builds. Where the hardware is identical, but can onyl do it if the hardware is 100% identical, even if its not the right serial number can miss it up.

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean by identical hardware? I am trying to save the totality of C: onto F: both are Maxtor 80 gig HDD on the same machine.

Am I missing your point or should Norton Ghost do that OK do you think?

Regards,

STUBBY :)

Well I had a mas build to do about 10ish PCs or w/e the hardware the same, as in same serial number etc. So we built one machine and then set it up as the client asked then simply built the others and used north ghost software to make the job that much faster.

Yes it should work however this was my boss software all he told me it was norton ghost, for all I could know it could be a commerical verison.

Back
Top Bottom