Norton Ghost

eViLoNe

In Runtime
Well, I'm going to be swapping a hard drive with my mum, she has a 200gb and only really needs a 80gb. The only problem is, her 200gb is her system drive, so what I'm wondering, is has anyone ever had any problems using a ghost image to install over network?

What i'm really wanting to do is, image -> network server -> ghost into new hdd.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this, or using ghost at all, and how successfully it works?

The problem you're going to run into is that if you ghost a 200GB drive, the image is not going to fit on the 80GB drive, no matter if you only have 20 of the 200GB used. The other way around, however, would be fine. To accomplish what you are trying to do, you're going to have to use a program such as partion magic, and split that 200GB drive down to under 80- I would do 60GB just to be safe, then ghost it. Then you should have no problem. I've never did a ghost image over the network before, I've always used CD/DVDs. Can speak on that, as I have no experience.

Well it worked. I just went from the 200GB drive straight to the 80GB fine and the computer is running smoothly. I didn't involve network anywhere because I figured in the end that that would be considerably slower compared to drive to drive.

Back
Top Bottom