Norton AntiVirus

Kage

Golden Master
Hey,

Do you know Norton Antivirus?

Well I've just done a scan of my dads drive (not been checked for a while) and its found 8 trojans. Now I have tried to clean them, and its come up with Delete Failed.

Before hand though, I set it to find ones on m brothers by mistake instead of my dads, and it found some (seperate partition and windows setup) and I thought it couldn't delete these because it was on a different setup, yet why can't it delete ones on this drive either? Even though I've scanned and its found some?...

Is this a fault? Or can some just not be cleaned automatically? Or is it because of that, Norton Antivirus can only clean Viruses, but can find Trogans too?

I hope someone can help. Is there a free trogan cleaner out there in that case that will just clean them and do it automatically? :)

Quarantine them now, until you find the solution to delete those little devils...
And congratulations, with your average, your getting 3K today...

There is no quantine button. It only allows me to Skip or Ignore the files...

I've done it manually, so I hope its worked, Just rescanning now.

If you've got Norton, look more carefully, it must have a way to quarantine...

Ok...

As he smacks kage on the back of the head he is heard to say> Did you do your scan in safe mode? He further explains> If the trojan is doing its thing the file is considered active and can not be deleted.
Ok enough of the funning ya. Seroiusly if you run it from safe mode you can do more to get rid of them.
Now if they do continue to give you greif then get this>
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
Now note the name of stinger has been altered to give the nasties the run around. Reason being the bad guys are starting to program in to disable stinger.
Kapla!!!

Ah :p Yeah...forgot to do that....and I'm the one that usually gives that information out :p

Its alright though. I did it manually from within Windows by looking at where there stored, cleared them, and then ran a registry cleaner which found missing files and deleted the keys for me.

Would have been easier if i'd of remembered that though :D
Are those programs trojan programs especially then? :)

Thanks alot. I'll look into them :)

Yeah...I don't know what happened to my head... anyway, I wouldn't have been able to go on this while scanning :p So alls well and good! since I wouldn't go on the internet without protection programs running, and they don't seem to load in safe mode :D So....good excuse or what?!!! :D:D Oh, and I wouldn't be on 3000 posts if I went on safemode...

About the Norton thing, Setis is right, and you have another option, it is to make a Dos disc (Mcafee allows it, I suppose Norton also), and delete the Trojan when he is sleeping...

Back
Top Bottom