Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-07-2005, 12:02 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: norton anti-virus always screwing up on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy89
How about Norton Internet security, thats the firewall i use!!! Seems to be pretty decent, wot do others think??
Well as u said it's decent, but in my opinion zone alarm is better and it's free.

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #12
Solid State Member

From personal experience NAV does a relatively poor job at detecting most threats. I have switched to TrendMicro PC-Cillin which does a much better job, yet still not perfect.

soltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #13
Golden Master

It does detect them quite well. It just can't delete them. And then sometimes it asks u to download some programs from symantec website. Said that in order to remove this threat download this program from the symantec website. Well I downloaded it, and gues what nothing found. And yet the threat was still there.

So it detects then quite well, just can't do a thing to them once it finds them. There are way better anti-virus programs out there...
Old 09-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to reece296 Send a message via Yahoo to reece296

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon
It does detect them quite well. It just can't delete them. And then sometimes it asks u to download some programs from symantec website. Said that in order to remove this threat download this program from the symantec website. Well I downloaded it, and gues what nothing found. And yet the threat was still there.

So it detects then quite well, just can't do a thing to them once it finds them. There are way better anti-virus programs out there...
Yes AVG Free
reece296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #15
Solid State Member

Quote:

I've been an IT-Tech for 8 years now.. One of the biggest things we run into is the everyday "I think I have a virus" customer. Most of our customers bring in their PC with NAV on it...up to date. 99.9% of the time after running the machine through our initial scans we always find numerous virii that Norton did not detect. I just don't trust it...
Old 09-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #16
Golden Master

ohh, well u seem to have a little more experience about norton than I do.

The reason many ppl get norton might be that it's from a well known company. It also the anti-virus of the year a few years back, so most ppl prolly think it's still the best.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #17
Solid State Member

Quote:
ohh, well u seem to have a little more experience about norton than I do.

The reason many ppl get norton might be that it's from a well known company. It also the anti-virus of the year a few years back, so most ppl prolly think it's still the best.

Definately agreed.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #18
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltech
Definately agreed.
i also agree with that and norton is very expensive too, a lot of people have norton so there are a lot of viruises specifically to disable norton, i have had to reinstall my norton many times and half the time it still f***ked up, but with my avg free i haven't had any problems yet

battersup is offline   Reply With Quote