-Normaliziing a table in Access 2003

david6789

Baseband Member
I am having trouble determining how to Normalize a table.

The instructions:
Examine the table tblArtist. Normalize the table, creating any new tables you think are necessary to complete the normalization. Define a primary Key for the new table created. Join the new table created to the table tblArtist and enforce referential integrity between the two tables/

The table is: tblArtists

fields:
ArtistID (primary Key)
First Name
Last Name
Address
City
State
Zip
Phone
Product ID1
Product ID2
Product ID3

I am lost on this step. Can someone point me in the right direction? :confused:

What exactly do u need help on? I see the instructions but how far did you get in them? From what it looks like you need to create a new table for products use Product ID1 product ID2 and Product ID3 as the fields and create a Order id field which will be the primary key. Then make an asscoiative table linking the tblartist with the newly created tblorder using ArtistID and OrderID as the primary keys. You have to establish a many to many relationship in this case, threw creating a assocative table linking the two.

I think that is what you need to do, but it depends on your teacher. If you have more specific questions feel free to ask I just finished two database classes with A's, so I kinda know what I am talking about. hehehe ^_^

Back
Top Bottom