Normal CPU Temperature

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I just wanna know what a "healthy" CPU temperature is. My cooling is stock, not OCed in any way, 3.2 Ghz P4 Ht; Mine is varying around 50-52. What's normal?

Yes, that is sounds normal. The 50's is probably when your CPU is under load. 30-35 degrees at idle is normal. Although I think anywhere between 30-50 C is good.

What I would is to take off the stock heatsink and fan. Clean the processor heat plate as best as you can and get a new high performance heat sink and fan designed for your processor. THere are tons of different models out there for you to try out. How many fans do you have in your system? I have 8 fans all together including the heatsink and chipset fans. Get one of those Tornado fans and it will blow so hard, the case will rattle.

I don't know how many fans i can put in, i think one for the CPU, one for the Power Supply, and one for the Case on the back. Where do u store 8? i have an intel 875 mobo, and that may be the reason that i can't find any place to stick in fans. If u know about the intel 875 and if i can put more fans, please tell me., THANKS

I have one fan on the side of the case blowing in, two exhaust fans on the back blowing out, 2 more fans blowing in from the front of the case, one exhaust blower occupying a PCI slot, one fan on the CPU heatsink, and one fan+heatsink on the chipset.

That part is kind of hard to do. There are hole already present where I can install 2 fans side by side with air holes from the front. The two fans is actually kind of loose because it's hard to screw it into the metal brackets. I had to take the fans out again, retap the holes on an awkward angle and insert it back in the existing mounting holes. Once I insert them on an angle they got snug just a bit. I'm going to add a small amount of contact cement to the metal and the fan later on. For now, it is ok. I may not add cement at all if it's intended purpose is to just sit on the shelf in the corner of the room undisturbed.

ah, i don't think i wanna do that, but i was wondering...do u have one of those tornados u were talking about?
and if u do, HOW LOUD is it

Back
Top Bottom