is this normal?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
do amds boot up slower than intels? cause when i boot mine up it goes into windows fast but when it loads my antivirus and firewall it takes a couple of minutes is there something wrong?

The CPU is not the bottle neck here, it's the speed of the HDD, the number of applications opening e.t.c. If anything, perhaps intels Hyperthreading would put the Intel CPU's to an advantage, but in all seriousness other system differences will play a bigger part. Whats the specs of the systems you are comparing?

its not the processor, could be the mobo. since you switched from intel to amd you must've gotten a different mobo. different mobo's bios' take a different amount of time to run and get to booting the operating system, that could be it. Either that or if your also using a new hd, its most likly tht as connchri

im comparing it to my sisters comp which is just a P4 2.26 GHz so its nothin special i just think mine should be able to start up pretty quick its not terrible it just takes about a minute which i think is to long

when you say boot up, do you mean that theirs nothing on the screen and it just stays like that for a little while, or the windows 3 dots thing goes across the screen for a long time? or when the computer first turns on it takes a long time for all the programs to boot up? each one of those things really could be a result of a different problem.

its when the programs start up i have mcafee antivirus and zonealrm firewall starting up and thats about it and i think it just takes way to long

i think i know how you can fix it then. go to start > run and type in msconfig. Then click on the tab on the top of the window that says startup.

Unclick anything that you don't want starting up, or you think shouldn't be starting up. DO NOT UN CHECK ANYTHING IN THE FOLDER C:Windows\sytem32\watever. That will speed it up a little. Because with a 2.65 ghz amd processor, that should not take long at all to boot up the startup procceses. Hope this helps!

i did what u said and i realized that there were a few programs i didnt want starting cause i hadnt looked at msconfig in a while but i think the program thats making it take so long is the zonealarm firewall, any suggestions on a better one?

Back
Top Bottom