Noon here, need help with wireless connection please.

werd1

Beta member
Noob here, need help with wireless connection please.

Guys I apologise, I realise this has probably been covered many a times. Although I did do a search, I could not find a problem related to mine.

I have a Linksys Wirless router B connected to my PC. I live in the dorms and usally grab a signal from my school. My connection would always have a fairly decent signal. These past few days I have been unable to connect and when I am able to connect my connection does not receive any packets. So when I open up my browser it will say "www.google.com can not be found even though it shows Im connected with a very low connection.

I cant ping any websites either. It just shows 4 packets sent out and 0 received back. This just started happening a few days ago mind you. The wireless networks that my connection pulls up are all very weak and hardly ever connect, and like I say if they do its the weakest signal.

Please help me out, let me know what I need to do!! I really appreciatte your help and again sorry if this topic has been covered already. Let me know what to check for.

Jefforaby said:
What kind of wireless device do you have?

Oh I apologize,
I dont have a router connected to my PC, I have a Linskys wireless B NIC card connected to my PC. Sorry about that. I spelt NOOB wrong in my title too. I put Noon here, geez, how pathetic can I get.haha

please someone help. I am having to use a friends comp for all my online classes. If you all could give me some general guidelines to use to fix my weak/no connection I'd appreciatte it!!

Back
Top Bottom