Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #41
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Noob's first build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlmaster47 View Post
Yeah Atomic Rooster I don't know a terrible amount about triple channel memory. I was basically regurgitating what I read coupled with experience at seeing triple channel memory use in person.
I dont understand why people who admittedly don't know about something try to sway people to do something....

If you don't know DON'T tell someone to do it!!!!

People come here for genuine help not what someone that doesn't have a clue suggests....

Don't worry about your post count Jarl worry about giving genuine helpful advice....

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #42
BSOD

Well triple channel is more future proof and I have seen it first hand vs dual channel memory and I thought triple channel was amazing.

jarlmaster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #43
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Well triple channel is more future proof and I have seen it first hand vs dual channel memory and I thought triple channel was amazing.
There currently is no difference. You can't really compare the two because you can only use 2 modules for dual and 3 for triple. So, you're going to have a bit more memory on the triple. If you could get both at 2GB or 3GB, it would be a different story.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:00 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Harris View Post
Asus Rampage II with a 920 overclocked at 4.4 GHz.... With only air.... I find that extremely hard to believe.
I believe it. I also believe him when he says that they idle on 75C ..personally I call that a FAIL.Do these imagina...I mean friends of yours run stress tests or do they not even get that far jarlmaster?

It's 1 thing to overclock it to 4.4 on air...it's another thing for it to actually work or be stable. No point overclocking it if just running pacman makes it crash into a steaming fireball

Personally i think the only thing you have ever overclocked on air is your mouth. I wish you could work on gettting that a little more stable though...

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 AM   #45
Baseband Member

Be careful going for Vista 64bit as not every manufacturer makes a 64bit driver and even when some of them do make a 64bit driver it is a cut back version of the 32bit driver and you loose a lot of functionality

http://www.mhare.com.au
markhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #46
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Jake Harris Send a message via Yahoo to Jake Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
I believe it. I also believe him when he says that they idle on 75C ..personally I call that a FAIL.Do these imagina...I mean friends of yours run stress tests or do they not even get that far jarlmaster?

It's 1 thing to overclock it to 4.4 on air...it's another thing for it to actually work or be stable. No point overclocking it if just running pacman makes it crash into a steaming fireball

Personally i think the only thing you have ever overclocked on air is your mouth. I wish you could work on gettting that a little more stable though...
+1, Agreed. He does need to learn to control his mouth and to post about thing's he actually know's about and can confirm. But seriously, It's impossible to overclock a i7 on 4.4 GHz just with Air. It would either fry your CPU, screw something up on your motherboard or you would be shutting down before you even get to the login screen, and getting to the login screen is extremely fast for a X58 / i7
Old 03-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #47
BSOD

I put proof but whatever. I won't argue.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Well orthos does run a stability test but it gets shut down pretty quickly.
I rest my case...FAIL

KMATB
Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
BSOD

Its not a fail. The point is that they got to 4.4 ghz on air and were able to boot up. Keep in mind I wasn't the one with the computer and doing the overclocking. If you want to tell them fail then by all means.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #50
Site Team

yep I agree ...FAIL

KMATB