Noob's first build!

If they idle at 75 im pretty sure under load it would FRY...:confused:

Just give up until pics are posted cuz I really would love to see this...:D:D

I did post some pics but not of the Rampage ones. They use pretty intense cpu coolers! On load they hit usually 90 degrees Celcius. Its a little hot but they manage.

If they idle at 75 im pretty sure under load it would FRY...:confused:

Just give up until pics are posted cuz I really would love to see this...:D:D

I hope he's talking about °F, but even if he is, that also doesn't seem very accurate because there is no way it's overclocked like that and running at 75°F on air, and at load no less...? no way...

Of course I mean 75C If it was F that would actually be a really cold system!

then what are the load temps...? or does it just shut down under any load...? 75°C is way too high for a cpu to idle, way too high, the good news is that the system definitely wouldn't be unstable, because it just simply wouldn't even be running under any type of load...

Ur not a noob at all. That build is really good. You chose some really good parts and they are all compatible as well. If I were you I would get the 64-bit version of Vista. It doesn't cost any extra and will utilize all 4 gb of ram. 32-bit will recognize and use 3.5 gb. If you don't want 64-bit for some reason it doesn't matter because 32-bit will run all games.

actually he has a 2GB video card on that list, so 32 bit will only use about 2GBs of his RAM, he definitely needs Vista 64 bit with that...

The only thing maybe noobish is the fact you chose 2x2 gbs in place of 3x2 which takes advantage of triple channel, which yes is faster than 2x2. So i suggest just changing that up.

~Kyle

Asus Rampage II with a 920 overclocked at 4.4 GHz.... With only air.... I find that extremely hard to believe.

Agreed, I think the max is around 4ghz on air.

Dual channel and tripple channel ddr3 doesn't have a perforamnce difference. it is just the amount of memory stick you have

I don't have any clue to be honest. I remember reading that somewhere. Excuse me while I look it up and I will get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom