Noob's first build!

I don't have them because I didn't take any pictures of them. I am not some loser who runs over to his friend's house and takes pics of their computers. Whatever happened to trust?

Jarlmaster.... If they put there i7's to 4.4 ghz on air... What motherboard did they have? And the new AMD X4's are totally amazing.... So I would recommend it if you want to save money but the only problem with AMD is there motherboard's dont support DDR3 yet but they will soon! so it's best to buy a AMD X4, With a cheap AMD motherboard and just replace it when DDR3 Comes.
There are AM3 boards out that support DDR3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010200022 1070946178&name=AM3

I don't have them because I didn't take any pictures of them. I am not some loser who runs over to his friend's house and takes pics of their computers. Whatever happened to trust?

you dont have to run over to his house all you have to do is call him and tell him to bring up CPU-Z and tell him to hit print screen button and go to paint and hit paste. Tell him to send you the JPG file and post it on photobucket and put it on here... Whole process is < 5 mins...:D:D

But to OP if you are looking to save some money and still have a very good CPU I'd go with the AMD PII's I personally have one and am not just telling you by something that I read how they perform... If you are not going to be editing and doing alot of CPU extensive stuff the PII will perform relatively close to the I7. Im not saying it is going to beat it or be better but Obv you are going to get more performance out of something that cost twice as much. If you want some benchmarks for a PII system send me a PM and I will give ya whatever specs ya want....:D:D

Alot of people have been hitting 4.0 easily on the 940 BE... You show me something that needs any more than that and I would say go ahead and get the I7...

But either way if you can afford it go for the I7... But the 940 BE will come close if not beat the I7 920 in performance....And if you really want the DDR3 you can get the AM3 boards which support the Phenom II's and will allow you to get DDR3 ram...

Impossible. You cannot overclock on a Rampage II Extreme with a i7 920. At 4.4 GHz with just air, It will melt your board basically.

EDIT: Worship! I love you! I couldnt find the DDR3 AMD Motherboard's anywhere! Merci!

Try telling them that Jake! They have V8 120mm cpu fans. Everyone uses that religiously! They idle at 75 degrees but thats the price to pay I suppose.

http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1111057.htm

This thread one of my friends made apparently. He was using an Asus p6t though. But there is virtually no difference between it and the Asus Rampage II. He downclocked to 4.2 ghz for some reason. My guess is stability and temps. If I can get my friends that still run 4.4 ghz on their Rampages I will post their cpu-z.

Asus Rampage II with a 920 overclocked at 4.4 GHz.... With only air.... I find that extremely hard to believe.

Try telling them that Jake! They have V8 120mm cpu fans. Everyone uses that religiously! They idle at 75 degrees but thats the price to pay I suppose.

If they idle at 75 im pretty sure under load it would FRY...:confused:

Just give up until pics are posted cuz I really would love to see this...:D:D

As Would I.... Let's get back on topic with this post. I suggest you get some sort of water cooling with i7's as they do tend to heat up, and if you overclock air cooling will not suffice and it will quickly melt due to the heat that the motherboard cases and all the other components in the computer.

Back
Top Bottom