noob question: wtf am i dooooing?!

You can run any amount of memory. As long as it's tri-channel and your motherboard can support it. 2GB sticks will work.

The C2Q series isn't truly a quad core. It's just 2 C2D in one chip. The i7 is a true quad core. You will get better performance with the i7 instead of one C2Q. If you can wait, Intel is working on a dual processor x58 board. Two i7 chips will dominate everything on the market.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9731&Itemid=37

So wouldn't that make it a quad core then? Kinda contradict yourself there. If its 4 cores in one chip, then that would make 4, hence "Quad."

You're a programmer and a CAD'er and you don't know what kind of system you need? umm? uh? HUH!?!?!

That's like a plumber who doesn't know how to plumb!

haha ya i know... but ive been using all the comps at my building up til now, so ive never really paid attention... its not how u think either... i dnt write distros and what not... i write shaders, displacements, and lights for cg objects

So wouldn't that make it a quad core then? Kinda contradict yourself there. If its 4 cores in one chip, then that would make 4, hence "Quad."

No, it's technically just 2 C2D. It's called a quad. But, it truly isn't. A true quad core would be the i7 or the x4 series. It doesn't have 4 cores on the chip. It's 2 sets of 2 cores.

so if i get a single i7 940 but i want to be able to upgrade to a twin setup up... what board would you guys suggest? ive been lookin at the radeon hd 4870 x2 for my gpu... is that decent? thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom