No Video Input

Kbeck

Baseband Member
My computer recently stopped working. I turned it on a few days ago and my monitor says No video input. I tried a new vga cable. I also tried a DVI cable. Then I tried another Psu, Taking out the Ram, then reinstalling it. I also tried a new graphics card and new monitor. Nothing seems to work. My caps on my mobo seem to be fine. Some say that my motherboard is shot. It is very likely since it is a stock motherboard that came with my HP Pavilion A6700f. Can anyone give me some help as to what to do, before I buy a whole new pc. Thanks Guys!

If you've tried a new video card and it's still not working it's very likely the board.

Do the video cards on your board have fans on them? Do they spin when you power the system on? Is there any seconary power plugs on your motherboard that may have gotten unplugged? A lot of boards have a 4 pin power plug in addition to the main 24 pin power connector.

If you've tried a new video card and it's still not working it's very likely the board.

Do the video cards on your board have fans on them? Do they spin when you power the system on? Is there any seconary power plugs on your motherboard that may have gotten unplugged? A lot of boards have a 4 pin power plug in addition to the main 24 pin power connector.

Yes, the video cards have fans on them, and they both spin. Every fan on my case and equipment works. I rave taken out and reinserted the 4 pin connector as well as the 24 pin.
Thank you for the response.

I'm with deepskyblue, likely the mobo is shot now. :(
Thanks! Yes I believe thats the problem. I mean everything else works so it must be the mobo. I have another question. Does DDR2 RAM work on a mobo with DDR3 slots? Some people say it is and others not. I dont think it is. Andy feedback?

Back
Top Bottom