No VGA!!!!!!!!!! Plz HELP

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, ive just set assembled the components. I booted it the first time, everything spins, the motherboard's onboard LED (SB_PWR) illuminates, the LAN light flickers, i can open and shut cd drives, but nothing comes on the monitor! THe monitor LED doesn't do anything, there is no picture (im using onboard VGA). I tested on another machine, and it's fine. I put a graphics card in my new build, and connected the monitor to that. Still no change...

Is my motherboard damaged?

its
AsusA8VVM.jpg

other devices are:

400W PSU (optronix i think)
512mb kingston ram (from qualified vendor's list for motherboard)
amd 3200+ athonlon CPU

those and my monitor should be all my pc needs to boot (apart from the Power leed and reset lead from front side pannel).

When i first turn it on the keyboard LEDs flash (cap, num, scroll lock) and when i press the off button they all flash.

I tried putting my new PCI-E card in it, and connect the monitor to it, still didn't work.

Once i turn it on, nothing happens when i press the caps lock no lights come on

What should I do?

I would Double check that you put the power and reset buttons on the right spot on the mother board, sounds like you know what you are doing but maybe just over looked somthing so small

The monitor your using is a known working monitor right???

If it is known working then

i would suggest doing EXACTLY this.

the basics are

1.Motherboard
2.Powersupply
3.CPU
4.RAM
5.Videocard /unless you have onboard video

REMOVE the motherboard, place it on a Plastic surafce/ such as a rubber mat, or a large square of packing material.

plug the power supply into the board, ram, cpu, videocard. ONE thing at a time, double check and make sure everything is in place properly.

ok, take your case and move it by the board and plug the powerswitch onto the CORRECT pins on the motherboard.

Hook up the monitor to the back of the videocard, carefully, its not screwed down it can pop out easily..

press the power button.

No video?

Try the onboard video

Still no video?

try hooking up the small speaker in your pc to the CORRECT pins on the mobo to get a diagnostic beep code.

boot it again to see if you can hear beeps?

If you get this far with still no video, i would start replacing the Hardware.

Usually i start with the easiest things first. such as RAM, Videocard ect...

Keep us updated after you try this.

Good Luck

In the end i just needed to use the EATXPWR and AXT V 12 sockets :rolleyes: . Im installing windows xp pro now...

Thanks for the support though, much appreciated ;)

Back
Top Bottom