No user for a few minutes after startup

njitram2000

Beta member
Hey All,

2 days ago I booted my computer and everything started normally but then I started to notice a few strange things: My wireless connection refused to appear in de system and when I checked in de task manager, I saw that there we no users aasigned to the applications and under the "users" tab there was nothing. This happens every time I boot up the computer and after a few minutes users start appearing and I can get on the internet again. During these few minutes I usually can't start any programs either though recently I have been able to do so but not all. I can't even log off until the computer realises there is a user!

I have checked on the net and the reason seams to be connected to the service "Terminal services" and "Fast user switching". These are supposed to be on but when I check them it says that they are on. I think they are off until those few minutes have passed but I can't check because I can't even get into "Services.msc" until a user is assigned.

Can anyone please help? I'm down to my last resort: a complete reinstall of windows but that's just a pain!

seems like you are infected with something.
I think a reinstall of windows is recommended, unless you got a program that can scan your system.
Or another person on this forum suggest something else

i had a somewhat simialr problem compard to what you are having right now, and i hate to say, but Tenys right, re install is how i fixed mine

Pffff, there goes my weekend...
Some extra info: the ram used is extremely low until the user appears and then the processor and ram get a spike in their graphs

Back
Top Bottom