Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: No Stupid Sound

You are having a similar problem I had last week when I installed a new HDD, when I reinstalled windows everything was fine except the sound so trying to cut corners I went onto windows update and there I found ac97 sound drivers,great cracked it I thought so I downloaded them and installed them but still no sound and in device manager I had like you a yellow icon and in properties it told me I had no sound device installed, the only way I got it working was to put in my motherboard disc and install the sound device on that disc, worked first time, all I can think of is go to your motherboards manufacturers site and look up your board then see if you can download the software from there.

P.S I dont think a windows repair will do any good if like me you have no sound device installed.

blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
You are having a similar problem I had last week when I installed a new HDD, when I reinstalled windows everything was fine except the sound so trying to cut corners I went onto windows update and there I found ac97 sound drivers,great cracked it I thought so I downloaded them and installed them but still no sound and in device manager I had like you a yellow icon and in properties it told me I had no sound device installed, the only way I got it working was to put in my motherboard disc and install the sound device on that disc, worked first time, all I can think of is go to your motherboards manufacturers site and look up your board then see if you can download the software from there.

P.S I dont think a windows repair will do any good if like me you have no sound device installed.
yeah but i have the right drivers its just when installing them it blue screens ..... so therefore i think something is wrong with windows itself

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
yeah but i have the right drivers its just when installing them it blue screens ..... so therefore i think something is wrong with windows itself
Did you have any drivers already installed before you put the AC97 drivers in as it could be clashing also what sound codec does your board have, example I have a Jetway V266B MOTHERBOARD with a AC97 2.1 CODEC on board which is compatible with Sound Blaster Pro, if you can find out what yours is we might be able to help more.
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
Did you have any drivers already installed before you put the AC97 drivers in as it could be clashing also what sound codec does your board have, example I have a Jetway V266B MOTHERBOARD with a AC97 2.1 CODEC on board which is compatible with Sound Blaster Pro, if you can find out what yours is we might be able to help more.
well now your confusing me lol i really cant remember the motherboard name i really should ask her for the box and bring it to my house so i can really get into it

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote