no sound, just beep

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
Ok, i have no idea how this came about but its pissing me off. I ahve a realtek AC'97 audio card. All of the sudden, yesterday, when i booted my comp., my sound wouldn't work. The only sound i hear is the beep from my PC tower which everyone hates. THATS IT! I went to device manager and tried to uninstall and reinstall it. I did a rollback driver, and i even updated my card from the realtek site. I went to the options of my sound and it says it is working properly and it is enabled. But when i go to the sound options and crap, it is greyed and i cannot access them b/c it says there is no device. I dont no whats wrong. Can someone please help me ASAP?
THANKS!

what i did was start my computer in safe mode, and go delete my drivers, then start it back up regular, and windows reinstalled the drivers for me (if not just reinstall them urself) tell me if it works!

I did try to reinstall it myself. Cant u guys read what i wrote? I said i uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and did a rollback driver. i did it 4 times, it didn't fix it.

cant you read what i said?? i said try going into safe mode, uninstalling everything, then restarting your computer in normal mode.

Back
Top Bottom