No sound issue

Tumz

Solid State Member
I'm getting no sound from my headphones/speakers ect...
recently formatted my computer and updated all the drivers it says all are up to date however when i go to Device Manager -Sound, Video and game controllers theres a yellow (!) on 3DP Edition v9.2 (sigamaTel C-Major Audio)
It wouldn't update or fix, so i uninstalled it and now (sound still don't work) there is Multimedia Audio Controller that has a yellow (!) on it.. (I can redownload3DP Edition V9.2 but still same problem.. Also in sound and audio devices says No Audio Devices..
I've tried services.msc -Windows Audio (start up type: Automatic) Still nothing working

Download SlimDrivers
and install it on to your computer the program is free and works an treat.

it will find the correct driver and most up to date with all your drivers,

this should correct the problem.

Kind Regards

You have the wrong audio driver it sounds like. Make/model of the pc?

Well i never manually updated the drivers, i used DriverMax it updated them fine..
Microsoft windows xp pro.. version 2002, service pack 3
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40Ghz (2GB)
Model:p4P8T
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I installed slimDrivers did a scan and at first it said there was 11 out-off date drivers, soo i tried to install the first one.. it was installing then it said system doesn't meet requirements, then it said it downloaded and needed to restart so i did rebooted tried to scan again and it said all are up 2 date..:s (Sound still the same)

What computer manufacturer is it? Dell/HP? Or did you build it yourself-in which case what Motherboard do you have?

I have never been a fan of using any 3rd party to install drivers. In my opinion I just don't trust that they are loaded with spyware/malware too.

I have never been a fan of using any 3rd party to install drivers. In my opinion I just don't trust that they are loaded with spyware/malware too.

I agree with this quote to a degree however you need 3rd party driver installers some times for older machines since the manufatures do not have the drivers for the pc anymore or if you are downgrading a pc and the computer is newer than the software they support these program will install the right drivers and get the pc up and running slim drivers is great and is free I used it and liked it, it found all the relivant drivers and installed them all now the computer works great. some 3rd party yes stay away from but driver max has been about for years and the one he used, manufatures such as HP are suggesting it and adding download links to use it why do you not trust the good content?

Kind Regards

Last edited:
How are you trying to install it? Did it download as a zip file? Did you extract it? Was there a setup file inside the extracted folder? If not did you browse to Device Manager, right-click>update driver, leave check windows update checked, then change it to find the location manually, and browse to the location where you extracted the folders.

....Hello? >.> still having this problem, MultiMedia Audio controller (!)
We are here to help, but we all have lives as well. Please don't be so rude.

Back
Top Bottom