no sound from internet sites, i.e youtube and stuff

hungar101

Baseband Member
like the overly descriptive title says, i dont have any other sound problems with the computer, but any clip on the net or sites just nothing. no sound whatsoever........any ideas where to start:confused: :confused: :confused:

If your using IE then goto tools > internet options, advanced tab and make sure the play sounds in webpages box is ticked.

Are you on Vista, it could be the per-application volume. If you are on Vista, click the sound icon in the tray, click on Mixer, find the FireFox application and check that it isn't muted.

If you're not on Vista sorry, I got nothing.

Matt

^I was just thinking that LoL.

Yeah. I like the per-app volume on most things, but I have a few control programs (for example a program to remap my game controller to do things such as volume and play/pause music) and because that hasn't been updated with Vista it controls volume alright, but only for that program, which is worthless lol. Can be a pain actually.

Matt

oke dokey

i just downloaded the latest version of ie but still no sound on youtube, where should i start trouble shooting this problem........???

Did you have sound before? Or did you just build this computer, downloaded new drivers, programs, etc and now its not working?

Just wondering, because I have had problems with sound when I built my computer or when i downloaded drivers. Most of the time its because i didn't have the drivers loaded or didn't have the current up-to-date sound drivers.

Back
Top Bottom