No signal to Plasma HDTV from laptop via HDMi

You might want to get the actual driver from intel also, that happened to my last laptop. One moe thing, have you recently reset that pc to a new OS? Anything of that nature?

I did try downloading the driver directly from Intel, but it gave me an error message, something along the lines of "incompatible, go to Dell"

Would the BIOS have anything to do with it? Like i said, I am trying to download new BIOS update but the Dell website seems to be down.

And no, my laptop is bone stock, bought it brand new with Windows 7 from Dell, I have restarted it many times, but no flashing or anything of that nature.

I haven't gotten into the bios of pcs that much, so I wouldn't be able to help you in hat area very much, but if your plasma has a VGA cable port (the monitor cable for desktops) then that will probably work. The VGA ports usually have screw holes on the side of them to keep the cable held in. Does your laptop and tv have the vga?

Yeah, a lot of people are telling me that BIOS shouldn't matter.

My laptop has a VGA port *goes check tv* so does my tv, It has 2 HDMI ports, i have tried both HDMI ports, port number 1 is called HDMI 1/DVI and port 2 is just called HDMI 2 - PC

**********EDIT**********

Nvm, my TV doesnt have a VGA port, it was a USB... fail

Last edited:
Right click on the desktop and select graphics property. If the Intel graphics wizard has been installed it will come up. Takes a sec it's a big file. Select basic and see if the tv is being acknowledged as the secondary display. If not go thru the steps to set it up.
And btw I read you're hitting the projector button to work the tv, It's not a projector, it's a tv.

I have the intel 4000 graphics and it's pretty smart. Anything I plug in it picks right up on.

I just tried that, it is not working, I went to wizard mode and it doesnt even detect my plasma HDTV...

I went to wizard, primary display is my built in, secondary display is my monitor... but my tv still says no signal...

Product Detected Intel® Processor Graphics 3000
Current Driver Installed 8.15.10.2361
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom