No signal to Plasma HDTV from laptop via HDMi

Alberto521

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, so I googled this question and followed about every single trouble shoot and no luck.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Windows 7, with intel HD3000 with the latest driver update, I will download the BIOS update right now, and the TV is a Samsung 43" Class Plasma 720p 600Hz HDTV, PN43E450.

Both ports work, I use the exact same cable for my Xbox 360 and it worked fine, I also brought my laptop to my (ex)girfriends house and used the exact same cable and hooked up my laptop to her off-brand "HDTV" via HDMI and it worked at her house.

I already changed the resolution in my laptop to 1024x768 @ 60Hz... nope, still no luck at all. Everytime I connect the HDMI cable to my laptop, my laptop does the bell sound, like saying it found something new, I press Fn+F1 (thats the projector button) and my screen in my laptop goes dark then back to normal and the message stating "might not be optimal resolution" pops up, but my Plasma...nope, not even a flicker, just says "No Signal 1.- Check the cable connections and the settings of your source device 2,- Press source"

I also tried changin the name of the imput to PC, restart both my laptop and TV.... I also tried having my XBOX on and everything showing on my tv, then just diconnect my xbox and connect my laptop as quick as i could, nope, still no luck... I have tried EVERYTHING...:facepalm::banghead:

Im kind of going crazy here, lol.

Anyways, any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Go to your control panel, find your display settings (looks different on different OS's) in there there will be something somewhere that shows how many displays you have connected. Click copy onto all monitors see how that goes

I keep hitting detect and nothing happens, I tried linking a picture but says it needs moderator apporval.

Its okay. :D It is just frustrating, like at my friend's and everyone else's house it is plug and play, but at my own home.. nope, gotta make life hard for Alberto, lol.

You think maybe I should just update my BIOS? I am trying right now, but the Dell website seems to be down, as soon as I enter my service tag it seems to freeze (the website not my laptop) and when i went and manually searched for the updates, as soon as I select Dell>Laptops>Inspiron>15R 5521 it gives me an error message "error occurrer" :/

Is your user account on the computer the administrator account? That's what it meant be moderator

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

If you update anything, update you integrated graphics drivers. Do you know what graphics you have installed on it?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Your post said you have the latest updat for your video driver, did you download the driver from windows update?

I only have one account in this PC so i have administrative "powers" or priviledges, what i meant by moderator approval was I tried to post a screenshot of my screen so you guys could see what i am seeing, lol.

I already updated my graphic "card" driver to the latest vesion. It is an Intel HD 3000.

I downloaded the driver from the Dell website, since Dell likes to be complicated and have their own custom drivers.

Back
Top Bottom