No motherboard beeps.....

wow i was in the exact same situation as you not to long ago. my solution to this was my power supply beginning to junk on me and i guess wasn't pushing enough juice anymore. replaced my power supply and ta da everything worked again.

just a suggestion if you want to try it out and try swapping power supplies...

and also does your keyboard light up or cd drive open? none of those worked for me at the time so i knew it had to be the power supply.

Look at your motherboard pins and connect your mobo to the speaker in your computer case to see if you get beeps would be the first thing I would do, or if your case doesn't have one then find one that does and try it before giving up hope. If the pins for the speaker aren't clearly labled on the board google your model # and look for a manual the correct pins should be specified there. It seems kind of obvious but nobody has suggested it yet :p

wow i was in the exact same situation as you not to long ago. my solution to this was my power supply beginning to junk on me and i guess wasn't pushing enough juice anymore. replaced my power supply and ta da everything worked again.

just a suggestion if you want to try it out and try swapping power supplies...

and also does your keyboard light up or cd drive open? none of those worked for me at the time so i knew it had to be the power supply.

It all works. And I have a 750 w corsair, more then enough juice lol

Look at your motherboard pins and connect your mobo to the speaker in your computer case to see if you get beeps would be the first thing I would do, or if your case doesn't have one then find one that does and try it before giving up hope. If the pins for the speaker aren't clearly labled on the board google your model # and look for a manual the correct pins should be specified there. It seems kind of obvious but nobody has suggested it yet :p

speaker in the case? I dont think I have a speaker in my case....? Antec 300. I did plug in the speakers though to see and it didnt beep at all.

Yes a speaker in your case. The beep would not come from the desktop speakers plugged into an audio jack. There should be pins on your motherboard to connect a speaker plug
Speaker plug example
IMAGE_0471.jpg

This would connect to the speaker in a case like this
IMAGE_0481.jpg

And on the motherboard to something like this
IMAGE_0491.jpg

Sorry the pictures are terrible, can't find my camera.

Back
Top Bottom