No Input Signal

kozmik kaz

Baseband Member
ok guys, we just put together a build for my brother in law, and we have an issue. We have the moniter plugged in and it gives us a "no input signal" message when I fire it up. We troubleshoot the monitor and everything is ok there. Im thinking it may be the BIOS or the RAM.

If everything is installed right then its most likely BIOS or the RAM. Be sure that the video card you have is supported by the motherboard. Another thought could be that the settings for the video card isn't compatible with the motherboard. Or the video card is faulty, see if you can install another video card into the new build, or install the video card from it to your personal computer or other computer to insure its working properly.

If the video card wasn't supported they wouldn't be able to plug it in. If you have motherboard video I recommend you plug the cable there to make sure everything is working fine. Once done that, download drivers and everything for the video card. Then try the video card. If that doesn't work re-seat the card, make sure any PCI-E power connectors are plugged.

I had this same issue it turned out to be the refresh rate was to high. Just a thought might not be it but try that.

Back
Top Bottom