No image upon Standby reboot

hockeyrino

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I was just talking with hockeyman (my buddy from school) and we can't figure out what's going on with my laptop. I just got an iPod Shuffle and as many of you know, it charges through a USB cable. I wanted to put my computer into standy mode to charge my ipod while i was sleeping, but when i opened my laptop to turn it back, the screen just stayed black. The hard disks booted up but no image. I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Also, can the shuffle still charge while in hibernation mode, or just in standby?

I didnt think an Ipod could charge in either mode. My best guess to what is going on is the IPod is draining your Laptop's battery. If you have it plugged into the wall, then IDK.

You cant charge anything in hibernation mode, your pc is turned off then.:)

Sorry for the little bit of confusion, but the laptop has always had this problem, even without the ipod. I put it in standby and the monitor won't start up.

I would try just pressing the power button. Worse come to worse everything shuts down safely.

There have always been problems with standby and hibernation mode, sometimes a simple BIOS upgrade will correct this.

Back
Top Bottom