no drivers cd for sound card

welshy

Baseband Member
hello,, i have an XP computer, which has an anboard soundcard, but it has something stuck in it so i;ve had to put a PCI souncard into it. Over the years hough, ive lost th drviers cd for the soundcard. Windows has picked it up, but cant find any drivers for it. Is there anyway i can get around this?

regards
welshy x

i guess he didn't know that thats why he is asking, all he needs to do is pos the card model # and i can do it.

yh if u cnt physically see a model make / number on the card then try downloading everest home edition from here.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

click on "free downloads from" they are fairly slow links so be patient,

n e ways once downloaded install and look under pci devices or sound devices it should pick it up.

or if not when you try to install drivers for it, it should start by calling it a sound device or audio controller something non explanative,

but when you click next a few times even if you dont have the drivers windows will tell you what card it is when its searching for the drivers.

hopefully you can find the make and model number, then either google for the drivers or post your card here were more than happy to help you find them
despite JogaBonito1502 comments.

he must be on an off day he is a nice guy really :)

hey, thanks for all the replies. Sorry its taken a day to respond, it's an old Creatice CT4810 card (it says it on the acual card), I tried a search, and got some drivers from Creative, installed them, but windows still wont recognise it as what it is. I even tried to do a manul search, to try and install it. I tried both windows98 divers, then realised there wee xp ones, so i tried those as well. I also have the original cd, but windows still wont recognise that its a creative one, even with the CD installed :(

any suggestions appreciated
welshy

i had that problem once i think i had to go into the active x part of internet explorer and delete the creative labs auto update file and then what i did was i went to the creative labs website and clicked on auto update and it found my card and told me what drivers to install.
also try your motherboard cd the drivers for the sound might be on it.

Back
Top Bottom