No boot, post, or input!!!

Have you checked the things that are connected to the outside, like keyboard, mouse, USB devices, etc.? The only thing I can think of is maybe a device that is connected is somehow causing a short-circuit or something? :confused:

I don't have those hooked up right now... but did before. How much of a difference would it make to not have a mouse and kb hooked up.

I don't have those hooked up right now... but did before. How much of a difference would it make to not have a mouse and kb hooked up.

Well you should at least get a display without a keyboard and mouse, although you might get an error during POST (power on self test). Let me drink on it for a minute. :p

EDIT: OK, backtracking, when you mounted your motherboard into your case, no part of the motherboard is touching the bare metal plate below the board, right? There should be a space between the plate and the motherboard. This is very bizarre.

Try unplugging your hard drives, floppy drives, and CD drives and see if it boots with those unplugged. If it boots, add one drive, until it stops booting, then you know your culprit. I wouldn't think an overclock that went bad would go through all the devices, but at this point, I am open to anything. :confused:

Yes I used spacers, and jervin, I have all of those unplugged. I tried it with them plugged, but it had no effect.

I am running out of ideas here, let's make sure, with all the changes you still get the fans spinning, but nothing else. Do you hear any hard drive activity or anything?

Back
Top Bottom