no bios beep

alex_boothby

In Runtime
Basically ther is no bios beep but the computer still appears (sounds) to be turning on. And ther is no video out put.

I removed the graphics card then used the onboard graphics and it worked fine, so decided to put the g card back in now it wont work at all, even when i take ti out again. WHAT!!!

Errmm any ideas???

dunno if this is relevant but it did say the cmos battery failed when booting up, but i have tried it with another one in but still no luck

Are you still using AGP graphics card? I'm not too familiar with Radeon, or any of the ATi lines of video cards. When you plug in your monitor to the onboard graphics card, try to access the computer's BIOS. Usually, you tap the Delete key to access it upon startup. From there, find your graphics card setting and disable the onboard and accept it. Then plug your motherboard to the back of your new video card and see what happens.

Are you still using AGP graphics card? I'm not too familiar with Radeon, or any of the ATi lines of video cards. When you plug in your monitor to the onboard graphics card, try to access the computer's BIOS. Usually, you tap the Delete key to access it upon startup. From there, find your graphics card setting and disable the onboard and accept it. Then plug your motherboard to the back of your new video card and see what happens.

well i cant get in to the bios settings cus thers no display!!!!!!!

and no theres no graphics card in it now trying to use the onboard, as i it booted up once like that. cant see y it wont again!

is your motherboard speaker plugged in? if not please do so. if you hear a long beep followed by 2 short beeps than you video card is bad.

take out your video card and try to boot. then turn the computer off and reset the BIOS. your power cord must be unplugged when you take off the jumper. then see if the ONBOARD sound works.

Back
Top Bottom