No beep and no screen

Skatterbrain

Baseband Member
Alright I have tried everything. I just got in all these new parts and a friend and myself put it together. Everything done right and plugged in. I dont have the cd drives or hard drive connected im just trying to post. So the first time it starts with a long silence and then finnaly one long beep and then nothing. After we played with it some more it doesnt beep at all but the monitor still wont react. We have reseated everything. the MOBO is an ABUT NI8 SLI Series. It has post numbers on the board and at first it read 75 which is detect and install all IDE devices(thats when it beeped once) and now it only goes up to 25 where is stated as

"Early PCI Initialization - Enumerate PCI bus number. - Assisgn memory & I/O resources. - Search for valid VGA device and VGA BIOS, and put it into C000:0"

Sooo we havent a clue whats goin on. I have a evga 6800GS. The mobo comes with a little chip for switching it from normal to SLI. It has said the same thing with and without the chip. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated seeing as how I had to wait for this stuff for about a week and a half and now this just blows >_<

the problem appears to be a setting in the bios.
paste the error into a google search and read up.
there are many posts on the subject.
woz

I finnaly got by the 25postcode and has thus ran into 75(passed)7f(passed) FF... I think it always says that.. anyways I got it to a screen where I have to push f1 to continue or go into setup... Except the setup leads to no where and it wont read a windows 95 cd I put in it. Not like I planned on using it but my friend has my windows copy and I was just trying to get it to boot from something... which it decided not to... So hey maybe I got it fixed maybe not... either way to get by the 25 I had to reconnect the usb connection as well as the keyboard. I get locked up everytime I restart unless I push the reset button or reconnect my keyboard on restart. I dont know whats up with that

Back
Top Bottom