No Beep, No Boot, No Video

AmagicalFishy

Baseband Member
Hello!

I just got a new custom-fit computer whose parts I purchased off of Newegg. I was extremely impressed by the specs of it, as well as the fair price.

I got to work setting it up last evening, and I set everything up and turned the machine on for the first time. Great! I thought, it works. But I soon realized that something was amiss. The computer didn't make a beep like I'm used to (it didn't make any sound whatsoever, actually...like a long beep or anything like that). The monitor kept saying "no signal" then going to sleep.

So I read up on a forum board that maybe there was a short between the motherboard and the case. I took the motherboard out of the case, hooked up the power, RAM, drives, video, and started it up again by shorting out the jumper pins. Again, nothing. Same thing, the CPU fan started going normally, but there wasn't any sound (no beeps), and the monitor acted as if nothing had happened at all.

I am quite confident that I hooked up everything correctly, but if you feel that I might be in err, I'd be willing to try what y'all have in mind for going about fixing it. Here are the components that I have:

MSI K9N2G Neo-FD AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor Model ADA6000CZBOX - Retail

EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX Power Supply - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

ASUS VW222U Black 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support - Retail

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail

----

Anyway, if any of you have had this problem (new computer, no beep, no boot, no video), please give me suggestions on how to go about fixing it. Thanks.

Sounds like a fried/faulty/defective MB, I once ripped a case fan out, and on its way out, it short circuited and my mobo had some internal circuit breaker or something because it was fine when took the fan out and turned it back on.

It could also be that your hard drive isn't connected properly.

I fixed it by bringing it to the the place that built it.

BTW mine was MSI too. Just bring it back if you have a warranty

i had a similiar problem with my monitor as well. Try reseating the video card, or try a different pci-e slot (if you have another slot to use). seemed to solve my problem.

Back
Top Bottom