No Audio Output Device is Installed

haon8

Baseband Member
So a few days ago after I installed my SSD, I got the issue where the speaker icon in my computer tray next to the time has a red X on it, and when I roll my cursor over it I get the message "No Audio Output Device is installed." I've been hunting the web for hours trying to figure it out, without any luck. The most common answer I've found is to download and install the latest drivers from the Creative webstie, none of which worked. I also tried using a different PCI slot for my sound card (it's an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro), and that hasn't worked.

Here is how I went to re-install my drivers:

Opened Device Manager, right clicked on the device (which had a yellow exclamation point next to it), and clicked uninstall.

Uninstalled all Creative utilities in the remove programs menu.

Cleaned all remains with Driver Sweeper.

Restarted, installed the latest drivers, and restarted.

No matter what I do, installing the drivers won't work (in fact, I don't think they're actually installing. After I do it and restart there are no Creative utilities present on my computer). Each time I start my computer, I get the Windows "Found New Hardware" wizard prompting my to install my drivers (BTW, I don't have the driver disk). When I tell it to look for the drivers, it can't find them.

I don't think that this is a hardware issue, because up until this morning it would work every other time I restarted my computer. Just this afternoon I went and uninstalled the drivers, and now it has stopped working completely.

I also tried disconnecting my SSD to rule out an IRQ Conflict, and even when it was disconnected I had the issue.

Help would be appreciated...

Back
Top Bottom