No Audio

icu222much

Solid State Member
My old hard drive burnt out so I bought a hard drive to replace it. After I installed Windows and several and several other softwares, I tried to listen to some music, but I don't hear anything. I know my speakers are fine, because I tried them on my other computer. I also know that my integrated sound card is not broken, because it was working fine a week ago on my old hard drive. I manually updated my audio drivers, but Windows says they are all updated. I was looking at at my sound, video, and game controllers under my device manager, and I saw 7 devices (Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device, Standard Game Port, Video Codecs). I am not sure, but is the MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device suppose to be there?

make sure to volume is up in the volume control, and its not muted, also make sure your cords didnt fall out

I turned my speakers up full blast and no audio is comming out. I checked the speaker cord, and it is still good.

I just tried turning up my volume on Windows manually (i usually use my keyboard hotkeys) but I discovered Windows says "No Audio Device".

if your sound card is onboard make sure its enabled in the BIOS, and if its a sound card, turn the PC off take it out and boot into windows, then turn it off again and reinstall it along with the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom